Thursday, 6 August 2015

Goodbye Little Bear

Hey everyone


I'm afraid I'm not quite my cheery self as I write this post, admittidly I'm slightly teary... I knew my parents wanted to get rid of my cat Bella but I had no idea I'd have a days notice.


Our animals are our little friends, no one quite gets the bond unless they have an animal of their own. Everyone's pet seems rather....ordinary...but your little animal is SPECIAL and DIFFERENT. No one else quite gets the little quirks that make your furry friend so important to you. I guess that's why my family found it so easy to let her go.


I've had other pets, cats...but non were quite like Bella. She's so bold and fiesty, and incredibly clumsy, playful and always wanting to be picked up and hugged. Oh. And she plays fetch and makes some crazy noises when she chases a tinfoil ball. Almost dog like. There's nothing much I enjoyed better than watching her leap through the garden like a little grey rabbit.


 I suppose that's half the reason why she's so important to me. Second of all she's a big comfort and when I'm feeling shit she makes me feel better. Obviously she doesn't pull out a packet of hobnobs and offer advice but her presence was so soothing.

Its safe to say I am devastated I had to say goodbye to her but there isn't really anythng I can do but be grateful I had her for a year and that she'll be going to a "nice" new home and have other cats to keep her company.

This might sound absolutely ridiculous to some of you, but like I said only those with a close bond with a pet will understand how it must feel. It just felt right writing a post because its important to me, and here I am writing weekly posts documenting my life so it seems only right I should include this. I blogged when I got her so I should blog when she leaves.















































Home is empty without her and I already miss her so much.

Goodbye my little bear x



Love Emma xo



Follow me on BLOGLOVIN HERE

12 comments:

  1. I'm so sad to hear about your loss and your post even made me cry a little bit. She still loves you and follows you around, now you just can't see her. Stay strong x <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou lovely, I just hope she is okay at her new home :( xx

      Delete
  2. Oh you poor thing. I would be devastated if i had to rehome my two. They become part of your family.

    I'm sure she'll be happy in her new home and one day you'll find a new cat to love all of your own xx

    Rach // illudtratedteacup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely, they do indeed, she was "my" cat rather than the "family" cat which I think is why they found it so easy to give her away :( xxxx

      Delete
  3. Aww this is so sad.. :'( I can't imagine how horrible it was to see her go.. especially after being with her for a whole year!
    I would be devastated to see my little Kitty Cat or Doggy leave home. But, just think Bella will be making new kitty friends at her new home and with a loving family. :)
    I hope you fill this little whole in your life one day with a loving animal to call your own.. that you can keep forever and ever! xx

    Kerry: http://kerryberrysocial.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! This was lovely to read :* it was heartbreaking, I still get teary over it! I absolutely adored her! Thankyou so much sweetie its greatly appreciated! Xxxx

      Delete
  4. I can't even imagine what this is like for you! I would hate for my cat to be taken away from me. As Kerry said, I hope you manage to fill the whole with a new little friend one day! - Kara x

    http://thatkarapeta.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your cats gorgeous I just had a nose! I used to have two British shorthairs and they were like bears! Such calm and gentle cats too! Thank you so much lovely! :* xxxx

      Delete
  5. I can't imagine how you must be feeling, I have had pets re-homed before but as I was only young I didn't have an attachment to them, although I do remember feeling a loss when my friend had to have her two dogs re-homed as I had actually developed quite the attachment to them.
    Cherish the memories you have of her :)

    xx

    phoenixfaie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its so awful :( I dont think anyone should get animals unless they are going to keep them 100% its such heartache! Thank you sweetie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gun, how horribly sad. I hope you feel better in time though and as you said she's off to a lovely new home with lots of friends. Cats are so good at adapting to their environment so she will be fine. I hope you will be too xx

    ReplyDelete