Sunday, 26 April 2015

Smoky Lavender


Hello Everyone


I've become quite the make-up experimenter lately, I've been inspired by the Instagram account of "Lupescuevas" If you haven't checked out her work already you seriously must. I hope that one day I can be as creative and versatile as her.

I am really enjoying spring this year, I'm appreciating the blue skies, the cherry blossom and the general atmosphere of the first season. Usually I curl up into a ball and wait for Autumn to come....I liked my cosy jumpers you see- and an excuse to drink copious amounts of hot chocolate.

That being said, I've noticed lots of other bloggers and youtubers sporting pastel blues on the eyes for spring, and well in all honesty I tried it all over the lids and it just didn't do al lot for me...It looked almost wintery. So I tried Purple and Pink instead...but then I saw a black eye-liner and started creating a smokey cat eye...so the finished look isn't really that spring appropriate at all rather exotic- but it's pretty right? You can wear it in the evening I guess...





Products Used
  • My Trusty Rimmel Perfect Match Foundations - Shade 100 Ivory. Apply all over the face in your chosen coverage.
  • Sleek Brow Kit In dark- Stick to what suits you. 
  • Sleek Contour Kit on the cheeks to add a little colour, highlight too. I use the light palette.
  • Some sort of shimmery pink all over the lid, focus particularly in the inner corner. I used shade "Dust" From the Naked 3 Palette.
  • Then apply a deeper pink to the middle of your eyelid. I selected "Buzz"
  • Use a dark purple - the deeper the better. on the outer corner and blend into a cat like shape - you can use tape to help guide you. I used "Blackheart" from the Naked 3.
  • Use the same purple on the lower lash line and make it smoky!
  • A little gold in the inner corner and half way into the lower lash-line.
  • Apply black eye-liner in the water line, and thinly apply throughout the upper lash-line, in-between the lashes. Blend this with an accent brush...the smokier the better. Then Apply mascara to the upper and lower lashes.
  • Apply a caramel nude lipstick. I used Rimmels Kate moss lipstick in shade 19. 

And that's it you are good to go! I hope you like these make-up looks! They seem to get the most views! I hope to add another post to my make-up through the decade series soon!

Emma xo

14 comments:

  1. Love this look on you! You're stunning, Emma! :) x

    http://longhairandlashes.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a beautiful face, i love you eyebrows and lips!
    x,Abril

    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks incredible on you! Love the smokey eye!

    lillies and lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your makeup is ALWAYS on point sis!!! beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to try this makeup! Needless to say you look gorgeous!!! Feel free to stop by and share some love! Baci,
    Coco et La vie en rose fashion blog - Valeria Arizzi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, such a cool eye makeup! Absolutely in love with it x

    ReplyDelete